Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Trigger points

We went for a run this morning that was going to be 3 miles followed by a mile of walking, but ended up running just a mile and a half. My shins weren't feeling great, and my muscles weren't quite recovered from the hard ride last night, so I wussed out and walked two and a half miles, for a total of 4 miles. Best not to push things too far too fast this early in the game.

This afternoon my dad and I went and bought the sink and toilet for the first bathroom we're remodeling. Tomorrow my mom and I will buy the tile, and then on Friday we should be able to start demoing! Progress on that goal: check.

I've been reading the book for the Trigger Point class I'm taking for continuing ed hours, and it's quite interesting. Way more in-depth and detailed than the book we used when I was in massage school. In fact, I discovered that the pain in the arches of my feet could be caused by trigger points in my calf muscles. Who knew? I sure didn't realize that the referral pain could be located there. I originally signed up for this course so I could learn how to better help my brother who has scads of trigger points all up and down his legs because of some knee problems. But I can see how it will help me and some of my issues, and I've also seen several things I can do to help DH when he gets home. Definitely worth the time and money for this course. Progress on this goal: check.

I need to hurry up and get my continuing ed classes finished so I can concentrate on the remodels that we're going to be doing. I know they're going to take a lot of time and energy and I don't want to be splitting my efforts in too many directions. Plus I need to get my certification paperwork submitted as soon as possible so I can get have everything back by the time we're done with the remodels and I have the time and energy to work on building my massage practice.

I also pulled at my flute and played for about 20 minutes (all I had time for): a good start, but I need to keep it up and fit it in my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment