Friday, June 20, 2008

One goal almost accomplished

This morning I swam laps (24 in 20 minutes), and tried to work on my technique as I swam. I could tell a difference, but it's going to take a lot more work before I can be consistent the entire time.

On the way home, we stopped by the library for a minute that turned out to be a lot longer than a minute. Since it was supposed to be in-and-out, DD and I stayed in the car, which was really hot. So my mood was already deteriorating, and then I heard my cell ringing, but by the time I got it out of my bag in the back, it had stopped. Of course, it was DH calling, and I missed it. Mom and my brother finally came out, and DH called again just as I was backing out of the parking spot. I normally never drive while on the cell, but since it was DH, I made an exception. Not the smartest thing I've ever done, since I then proceeded to pull out in front of a car I hadn't seen and almost got us hit. So I asked DH to call back in a little while, but he never did. I'm guessing everyone else was using the phone and he didn't get another chance. Whatever the reason, he didn't call, and my mood didn't improve.

Even though I was in a bad mood all day, I did manage to get a lot done. Last night I finished the second continuing ed class I'm taking, and today I finished the third one. So my classes are all done, now I have to send in my paperwork from the classes and pay my fees, and my certification will be up-to-date! Yay me! I do need to do some more practice massages to integrate the stuff I learned in the classes into my massages. Come the middle of July, once I've got my massage room furniture, I'll be in business.

This evening, I went to pick up a log bed I found on craigslist. It was a good price, so even though we won't be using it for a year or so at the earliest, I went ahead and bought it. I didn't realize till I was unloading the car just how tall it is. It's a twin bed, but the headboard is a couple inches taller than me (ok, I am short- 5'1" on a good day)! Hopefully by the time DD is using it she'll be able to stay in the bed (or I'll be buying those side rails that keep kids in bed).

After dropping the bed at the storage unit, I ran to the grocery store, and then headed home. As I left the store, the rain was pouring down. I haven't seen it rain that hard in a long time. As I was driving home, it looked like the rain was bouncing off the road, it was coming down so hard! There was some spectacular lightning, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment