Wednesday, June 4, 2008

One goal accomplished, others worked on today

Walked three miles today with DD. I thought about running at least one mile, but my left foot is twinging, so I thought it would be better to let it rest- don't need to get a stress fracture this early in the game.

I finally finished transferring my books on cd (Twilight, Eclipse, The Host) to my ipod. I used to be able to listen to music while driving long distances and that was enough to keep me awake. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case for several years, and I've had buy or borrow books on cd to listen to while driving. Since getting my ipod, I can transfer everything onto it, and not mess with changing cds in and out and dropping/scratching/getting them out of order. Ok, so we do have a 6 cd in-dash cd player, but you still have to mess with them some what, and they take up a lot more space than the ipod. On my ipod I also have the Harry Potter books, as well as a couple of Janet Evanovich's and some LDS fiction. Gotta have variety- if I've listened to it or read it too often I won't stay as involved in it, and will zone out.

I'm writing this early (8:45 pm instead of 10:45 pm) because I have other things to do tonight and don't want to forget to post. I thought about working on DD's Nemo quilt, and I really need to get going on my continuing ed classes (home study is the best!), but I think I'm going to work on my book. It's been awhile because I've been dreading the plodding nature of typing in details that normally take me very little time to read (I read very fast), but it's time to face up to it and get moving. It's not going to write itself. So, I'm off to do that, and if I get too antsy after awhile, I'll work on the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment