Friday, June 27, 2008

Final day of babysitting

So today was the final day of babysitting, and not a full day of it, thank goodness. My MIL returned about 1, and we were able to leave and I put DD down for a nap in her bed, then went to the hardware store with my dad to get more things for the bathroom. Dad's been having lots of fun upgrading the pipes and figuring out how it will all fit together. Hopefully we can make some visible progress tomorrow, now that he's got the pipes done.

I'm trying to figure out how to get out of babysitting again, but I'm not sure quite how to do it. I have to watch them at least one more time. After that, I'm done. I am not one of those people who can calmly handle any behavior that comes out of the half dozen or so kids that are running around. Strange, when you consider the number of siblings I have. Or maybe it's because of the number of siblings I have. In any case, I really admire people who can do that, even if I'm not one of them.

So I really don't like having my mornings taken up. I wanted to go for a bike ride this afternoon sometime, but by the time I got back from the hardware store, and DD was in bed, it was, once again, too late to do anything. I think that's one of the things that's bothered me the most about having to babysit: not being able to keep to my regular schedule. Kind of selfish, but I need my schedule, and I need to exercise for my mental, emotional, and physical well-being. I need to get out and exercise first thing in the morning, since if I wait till later, there's always things that come up to keep me from following through.

While I've been typing, I've also been transferring the children's cds to my ipod, so that's one more thing to cross off my list. Slowly but surely getting things accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment