Thursday, June 19, 2008

An efficient morning

This morning we went for an 8 mile bike ride. I was hoping for a 10 mile ride, but we ran into some obstacles: namely that I was riding where I wasn't supposed to be! I was riding on some newly paved roads in a new subdivision, and they weren't too happy about me being back there because of the construction. There wasn't that much traffic, and there aren't any signs posted saying you can't go back there, so I didn't see it as an issue. Oh well. I was able to ride through the completed portions, but those roads aren't nearly as long, so I wasn't able to get my 10 miles. I think I'm just going to have to stick closer to home and do some up and downs on the paved roads that have less traffic. Not the ideal, and I may end up just driving into town and using the bike path. That's not ideal either, though, especially once you add in travel time. At least the new subdivision was only 5 minutes away. I'll have to think about it some more.

As I was unloading the bike and trailer from the car, DD got tangled in my bike and managed to tip the bike and herself over. When I picked her up, the kickstand was up her pant leg! I noticed this rip next to the pocket, but figured I could sew it up pretty easily.



Then I took her upstairs to change her pants, and noticed this tear:

After that, I decided that these pants are a wash, there's no way I can fix that tear! I still haven't figured out how exactly she managed to get the tear in the back. The front one I figure was from the kickstand. The back, who knows?


Later in the morning we went with my mom and picked out the tile for the bathroom that I think we're starting to demo tomorrow. We now have the expensive stuff bought and will add in the other stuff (drywall, paint, beadboard, etc) as we progress with the project.

I just looked at my calendar and realized we have 3 weeks to get two bathrooms remodeled- this'll be interesting! We have to have two bathrooms usable when everyone comes for the family reunion, and while the upstairs one should be finished, the bottom one may not be, and that's the nastiest one (the ones my younger brothers use- it's totally gross, no matter how much bleach is used). I avoid it as much as possible. Guess we'll have to work as fast as we can.

This morning I actually managed to get up and moving and hurried DD through breakfast and getting dressed, and we were out biking by 8:30 and home shortly after 9:30. This is something, since usually we're not even out the door till almost 10. I actually had time to get stuff done this morning and didn't feel rushed, which always decreases my productivity. Obviously I need to make it a habit to be more efficient with my time from the time I wake up. I can't have every morning completely shot by the time I'm done exercising (definitely what has been happening), I have too many things I've got to do.

Unfortunately, for all my efficiency this morning, I ruined it by spending the afternoon reading. I couldn't help myself, though. Janet Evanovich's newest book came out a few days ago, and I had requested it at the library, and I was able to pick it up on the way home from the tile store. Anytime one of my favorite authors comes out with something new I feel compelled to sit down and read it as quickly as possible. Her books are quick and easy to read and don't take long to get through, and at least I didn't stay up till 4 am like I did when I read The Host. Probably something else I should work on, but I always want to find out what happens, as quickly as possible. Who cares about sleeping when you're involved in someone else's life? Very escapist, I know, but sometimes you need to leave your life behind for awhile (as long as it's not long-term).

No comments:

Post a Comment