Thursday, June 26, 2008

No babysitting today!

I was all set to go running this morning when I stopped to think about what day of the week it was, and realized I was supposed to go visiting teaching in 45 minutes. So instead of putting on workout clothes, I ran down to the nasty bathroom to take a shower. That took longer than it should of since I couldn't get the toggle thing that makes the water come out the shower head to work (mom claims she didn't have any problems), and then DD didn't want to get out of the tub (I'd brought her in with me). In fact, DD climbed back in the tub after I toweled her off- she was that insistent about staying in the tub!

After VT we ran some errands, then came home and ate lunch and DD went down for a nap. I waited for DH to send me an email, but his connection is so bad he couldn't even log onto his email provider. He's supposed to have an 8 week extension on his class, which would mean he's got till August to finish it, but his teacher emailed him today, saying that he had to have everything in by the 27th! So he emailed her back to remind her about the extension, but she hadn't responded yet. Very frustrating, especially since his schedule is such right now that he's got a lot of late nights and no free time, for school work or fun stuff.

I thought we'd get moving on the bathroom today, but dad had something come up that he had to take care of. So we ended up going to the hardware store after dinner tonight to get backer board and sheetrock, and that's all that got done. Tomorrow dad'll work on the pipes (putting larger ones in so we finally have decent water flow) and prepping for the sheetrock, backer board, and tile.

After DD's nap, we went for a run. I ran three miles and walked three miles. After the first half mile or so I didn't have any more twinges in my shins, and overall everything felt pretty good. My lungs definitely need more work, though. All the hills are pretty killer when you combine me (still not in shape) with a 27 pound toddler in a jogging stroller on a hot day. It was a good workout though, and I'm not too sore, either. I had only planned on walking two miles, but as I started the second mile I met a girl who lives down the street and we got talking and walking and instead of the half mile out that I had planned, we did a full mile out and then came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment