Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Wet Run"

Today I did a "wet run" of what the triathlon will be like. I think I need to change how I work out and start doing 2-a-days, say swimming and biking, biking and running, etc. Let's just say Saturday will be interesting, and I really hope I survive.

I swam 10 laps, pulled on my bike clothes, biked 4 miles, then ran 1 mile and walked 1 mile. I was really gasping by the time I started running (staggering- that's quite a transition to go from biking to running), and I'm hoping that was all the crud in the air (fields next to the path being moved, pollen floating lazily by, etc), and not asthma making its presence known. It's been about 8 or 9 years since I had problems with it.

There were only a couple spots of chafing (around my arms, from the swimsuit under my biking shirt), but those are easy to take care of- just a little Body Glide, and I'll be good.

I've been staying up late lately, so I need to really work on getting to bed early this week so I'm not completely exhausted come race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment