Saturday, June 28, 2008

Car seat investigations

I went for a walk today. It was supposed to be 4 miles, but a mile into it I had to go to the bathroom (even though I went just before we left), so I turned around and headed home. Frustrating. It was a rather blah day for me, and I should have gone for a bike ride instead- that would have been a lot more successful, but I wanted the walking mileage, especially since I didn't walk/run much this week. I think in the future I'll listen to my body more and do what it wants rather than what my schedule says.

Ran some errands after that: tried to check out the Britax Frontier carseat for DD. I'd like to get her into a safer carseat than she's in, but wanted to see how she'd fit in it, since she's currently on the lower end of the height/weight limits. The store didn't have it in stock, but we were able to try out the Regent, which is similar in size, though not as cool looking, nor does it have the 'True side impact protection' wings at the head, which I definitely want. She fit in the carseat fine, so it's now just a matter of deciding when to get it. I'd like to have it for when we travel to some family reunions next month, but I've been spending a lot of money on the bathroom remodel, I need to buy the conex shipping container for storage, I need to purchase the furniture for my massage room, and I have to pay for gas for the trip. And all these expenses are within the next 3 weeks. So this week I'll sit down and figure out how our finances are doing, and make a decision from there. The great thing about this carseat is that it converts to a booster, and should be the only seat she needs from here on out. Technically her current carseat does as well, but it's not built as well, and I have my doubts about it's safety in an accident. I've also decided that if we have another baby, we'll start them out in a Britax Boulevard. It also has the 'True side impact protection' wings, as well as a body pillow for a better fit (especially important for the little ones). This is a convertible seat, and will last from newborn till we decide to switch to a Frontier. They are expensive, but I'd rather have my child be safe in an expensive carseat than not-so-safe in a cheaper seat.

Also stopped by Costco to get toilet paper and paper towels for our year's supply. It's been awhile since I last went to Costco, and it wasn't on a Saturday. This Costco is a ZOO! There was no parking- everyone kept circling, waiting for a spot to open up, and there were so many people inside it was hard to move without bumping into people. Though surprisingly, I sailed right through the checkout. I must have been in the right place at the right time.

Helped my dad with the pipes for the shower. I thought he'd finished them yesterday, but that was not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment