Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Babysitting (ok, not a goal, but it still happened today)

Sunday afternoon I drove around a bit, trying to find better places to ride my bike and longer routes for running, both without lots of traffic. I was successful in finding a straight, relatively flat road to run on. It's not great for biking since it's a dirt road with washboards. just a bit further away I found some nice paved roads (this is a really big deal, since most paved roads out here are pretty major roads with lots of traffic) in a new development that's going in. There's not too many houses in yet, so I'll have to give it a whirl and see how much traffic is really there, and how much of it is construction traffic.

Yesterday I did ride my bike with DD on the road I found for running. DD thought the bumps were great (she'd open her mouth and go 'ahh ahh' as we went over the bumps), but I was concerned about the effects on our tires- I ride a hybrid, so at least I wasn't trying this on a road bike, but it would definitely have been easier on a mountain bike. It ended up being 7 miles, so if I add it to my 5 mile loop, I can get a 12 mile run in. Now I just need to find something comparable in length for my bike.

Today I didn't go for a walk like I had planned. This morning I babysat my nieces and nephew and it ended up taking a most of the day, rather than the couple hours it was supposed to (not my sister in law's fault, though). None of the kids would go down for a nap, and I spent two hours telling them to lay down and go to sleep. I had wanted to go for a walk after we were done, but we ended up going home so DD could take a nap (which she really, really needed). By the time she woke up, I was no longer in the mood to go for a walk, though I think I'm going to have to just do it anyway in the future: I think my schedule will be fairly similar tomorrow and possibly the day after as well, and I can't go three days without working out.

I was also supposed to work on my continuing ed classes this week, but I to really get in the groove I need more than just an hour or so each night. I only found out about the babysitting on Sunday, so I've had to change things up on pretty short notice. So I think I'll work some more on my book this week and do my classes next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment