Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Certified!

I went for a seven mile bike ride with DD this morning. It was a good workout, with lots of hills, some of them in the last mile. I finally stopped putting off some phone calls and got stuff taken care of. Still have some more to make (need to schedule dentist appointments for myself and DD and a checkup for me), but I'll worry about them tomorrow or Wednesday.

While DD took a nap this afternoon, I filled out and submitted my recertification paperwork. I was able to do the whole process online, which I wasn't expecting to be able to do. I thought it would take a couple weeks to process and get back to me, but an hour or so after sending in my stuff, I got an email saying my certification was now up-to-date! Yay me! Now all I have to do is get my insurance, remodel and set up my massage room, and I'm ready to go. Unfortunately, I won't have time to get the room done till the middle/end of July, so I won't actually start doing massages till then.

We started taking apart the upstairs bathroom today. Well, my dad and brothers did, since it's at the grunt-work stage. Now we just have to see how quickly we can get it finished. Unfortunately, I won't be a lot of help this week: I'm babysitting my SIL's kids two days, maybe three days, this week. My MIL usually watches them, but she's taking the YW to girls' camp this week, which leaves my SIL without a babysitter. I've gotta say, my MIL is a saint. She watches the three kids (4, 2, and 9 months) 12+ hours a day, 4 days a week, without pay. And she's been doing it for at least a year now, and there doesn't look to be an end in sight. That kind of schedule doesn't leave you much time to yourself or time to get stuff done. I don't know how she does it, I certainly couldn't do it.

2 comments:

  1. That is insane! I definitely couldn't handle watching 3 more kids everyday. My own are exhausting enough and they try my patience enough. I don't know if I would have any more patience to give to more kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. That's one thing I worry about when I think about having more kids, and why I don't like babysitting these kids. My SIL's kids really try my patience, mostly when they do stuff I tell them not too or they get whiny about things. I keep telling myself my kids wouldn't be like that, since mine would actually have discipline and would therefore be better behaved. It's held out so far: the other day I heard DD telling her cousin to say 'thank you' after she gave him something!

    ReplyDelete