Monday, June 30, 2008

Sleeping in

Today was quite a day. DD went to bed about 2 hours late last night, then woke up at 6:30 to go to the bathroom. After she was done, I put her back in bed, because there's no reason for her, or me, to be up that early. We both went back to sleep, and I didn't wake up till 9 or 9:30, and DD was still asleep. She didn't wake up till 10:00! She has never slept in that late before. I guess she really needed it. Unfortunately, it threw the whole day off. I had planned on going for a nice long (10+ miles) bike ride, but by the time we ate breakfast and got dressed, DD was ready for lunch (maybe she's going through a growth spurt?), and then I cleaned and organized our room (it needed it really badly) and then tried to get her to take a nap. Unfortunately, she didn't fall asleep till almost 4, then didn't wake up till after 5. By the time I got her pottied and our stuff together and everything ready, it was 6. We did manage a 4.5 mile bike ride, though. Not as long as I wanted, but definitely better than nothing. DD took a long time going to sleep tonight, too, so if she sleeps in again, we'll have to tough it out and skip nap and just go to bed early.

Not a terribly productive day. I did get our room cleaned and laundry done, but that's about it. Of course, I did stay up last night reading till about 2:30. I don't know why I do this to myself, I'm always so tired the next day and have a tough time getting anything done. Yet it happens time and time again. Must work on self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment