Saturday, August 30, 2008

I am so tired...

We moved all our stuff from the storage unit to the container on my parents' property. My dad had to get my sister's car fixed before she heads back to college next week, my brother helped a family in our ward move, and my youngest brother went to an amusement park with a friend, leaving my mom and me to do all the moving.

We managed to fit everything into a 10X12 storage unit when we moved here, but it was packed so full we couldn't get to anything, so we ended up getting a second 10X12 unit so we could spread things out enough to be able to find whatever it was we were looking for. It was inevitable that we would need something, only to realize 'wait, it's somewhere in the storage unit'.

My mom and I managed to fit everything from one unit into the truck, trailer, and my car on the first trip. On the second trip we got everything from the other unit into the truck and trailer. Good thing we got rid of our awkward, heavy stuff like the washer and dryer, and good thing my brother helped me with the couches earlier in the week. By the time we were done, we were both very tired. We did have help unloading when we got home; dad helped after the first trip, and dad and my brother helped after the second trip. We got everything unloaded and into the container, and I realized I still had to haul down the boxes and bins of clothes and miscellaneous items from my upstairs bedroom. I didn't want to do it, but I also didn't want to climb over boxes and bins tonight and tomorrow. So I cleared out our room, then rearranged our room a bit.

I'm glad I finally got that all taken care of. It's been on my list of things to do for months, though I initially was going to buy a container, which is part of what took me so long. I kept waiting to find one in my price range, but it wasn't happening, so I finally decided to just rent one. Now all my things are here and I can run out and get something whenever I need it. I no longer have to store all sorts of stuff in our closet just to avoid a trip into town. I was able to clear a lot of stuff out, and it feels so much better in here now.

And I finally got a workout in this week- all that lifting and carrying definitely qualifies as a workout, and I'm pretty sure my arms will be stiff and sore tomorrow. I've had a week of recovery, and next week I need to buckle down and start exercising again- no more slacking off for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment