Wednesday, August 20, 2008

An incredibly busy and productive day

I love that I'm getting things accomplished, but I really haven't had a chance to catch my breath today. I woke up and finished painting the closet and DD's room. The paint dried pretty quick, so after cleaning up spilled paint from the closet floor I put the pad and carpet into DD's room. Then I put up the lights, but realized I didn't have bulbs for them, so added them to my shopping list. Then I put DD's bed, rug, doll cradle, and chair in. DD immediately went in and laid on her bed, quite excited about the whole thing. I then hung her Nemo picture on the wall and put the Nemo decals on the slanted ceiling over her bed. Last, but not least, I put the baby gate in the doorway. It's the swing type, so almost like a door, and will keep her in when necessary. There's still a few smaller things I need to do, but other than building the bookcase I'm pretty much done. YAY!!!!

While DD took a nap, I went into town to get a few things from storage and give them notice. Next week I'll be hauling everything back here to put in the shipping container I'm renting. I also went to the grocery store to get a few things, including light bulbs. On the way home I stopped by my in-laws to drop off some things and pick up some other things, then went home and prepared a handout (that ended up being 15 pages long) showing different exercises and stretches for the Beehive's activity tonight. Then we ate dinner quick, I got DD cleaned up and dressed (Yes, she spent most of the day in her pjs, but she didn't mind. Usually she'll start taking them off when she's ready to get dressed. Plus, a pajama day every once in a while isn't a bad thing, especially if you're still sick, which we both are.), and then we went to church for the activity. I talked to the girls for a few minutes about what I had prepared, then we went across the street to the park and DD played on the slides and swings and had a great time.

We're now home and DD is in bed in her room, and I'm relaxing for a few minutes. After I'm done here, I need to check my calendar to see what's on the schedule for tomorrow, put laundry away, and, if I'm feeling really motivated, start putting things on the new shelves in the closet.

Whew! This is why I like going on road trips. I get at least two days (one day each way) where I don't have to do anything more strenuous than reach back to give a snack or water bottle to DD.

No comments:

Post a Comment