Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Deja vu

Today DD woke up at 6:30, but I told her to go back to sleep and she slept till 9! Unheard of for her, though I'm not complaining. It did give us a late start though, since I didn't wake up till around 8:30. Normally I'm up around 7, but I guess my body's trying to catch up on all the sleep I missed last week.

I spoke too soon the other day about my shins. They didn't bother me during the race, but they have since started hurting- a delayed reaction, I guess. I had noticed this to a lesser extent after the triathlons I did, but it's a bit worse this time around. I had wanted to do a long walk on Saturday, but I may not be able to- even walking is painful. I'm just glad I was able to finish the race before they started giving me problems.

After we got up and moving we ran some errands and had an episode of deja vu. DD saw another little girl with pink sandals like hers and started pointing and getting upset, and I had to tell her that no, they weren't her sandals; her sandals were at home. It's very interesting to see the connections she's making between things.

All in all, I didn't get much accomplished today. It was just one of those days where I lazed around. Part of it's the cold I've got (I'm still not feeling great), part of it is reluctance to start anything new, and part is forgetfulness. I forgot till this evening that there is some things I could be doing on DD's room, and I could be doing some sewing. Just not feeling really motivated right now.

We did get the container moved- we used a couple pickup trucks to drag one end around 90 degrees, putting it closer to where dad wanted it. I won't be able to move things till Friday though, since I've got my physical tomorrow and I'm not supposed to do anything strenuous before hand. So I will work on DD's room and do some sewing. I will be productive! (if I say it enough times, maybe it will happen....)

No comments:

Post a Comment