Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cavities and construction work

Blech... Yesterday afternoon I went to the dentist to get a couple cavities filled. I don't have anything against dentists, but I really, really hate the sound of the drill. Luckily for me, I thought ahead and brought my ipod and listened to music really loud. It didn't completely drown out the noise, but it did distract me a bit. Unfortunately, the local anesthetic they used made me a bit nauseous and icky feeling the rest of the day, which meant that I didn't get as much accomplished as I had wanted.

Yesterday morning I started working on DD's room. Hopefully I can get most of it done this week. We'll see how quickly I can actually work, especially when DD tries to 'help'. Today I worked on it some more, making good progress. Tomorrow I'll start putting up drywall. I can't do all the drywall because there's some wiring that has to be done, which can't be done till dad gets home from work. If I get everything in her room done that I possibly can, I can then start on some shelves in the closet, where her crib used to be (can I say how nice it is to have a closet big enough to fit a crib, a long dresser, and miscellaneous items? it's great!).

Tomorrow I have really got to do some exercising. While I need to taper off in preparation for the triathlon this weekend, I shouldn't stop working out period. I've been trying to get DD's room done as quickly as possible, to the exclusion of other things, like exercise and sewing. However, this, like many things in my life, needs to be balanced. I can take an hour to work out, then start working on DD's room. It's not that much time, and it makes me a happier, healthier person. I will hold off on the sewing till her room is done, though.

It's easier to skip out on a workout when I'm feeling gruntled (similar to disgruntled, but more of an all-encompassing feeling of blah), which didn't used to be the case. When I was in college, if I was feeling stressed or whatever, I'd go for a run, and feel so much better. Now, the thought of gathering everything up (stroller or bike and trailer, toys, snacks, water, DD, etc) when I'm already feeling off just doesn't get me motivated to get out there and sweat out my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment