Friday, August 1, 2008

Sewing and cleaning

Was supposed to go for a bike ride this morning, but just didn't feel quite right. Not sure if it's residual from yesterday (all the sun I got), the thought of being in the sun for any length of time (we're having a record-breaking heat wave here), or what.

I did have a productive day, though. This morning (when it was still shady and cool) I started the post-road trip, desperately needed cleaning of the car. Unfortunately, the vacuum cleaner had problems, so I had to stop and wait for dad to come home and fix it. By the time he got it fixed, it was a lot hotter and the shade was gone, but I was determined to finish the job, and I did! It looks and feels so much better now.

Ended up spending most of the day sewing, and made significant progress on the quilt top I'm working on. I should be able to finish it tomorrow and start on the next one. I'll do the batting and backing once they're all finished, since I have to dig out the fabric and batting from the storage unit. While I was sewing, DD decided to stand behind me on the balance ball chair and wrap her arms around my neck. And then bounce. Not very comfortable, but at least she wasn't on my lap. Oh wait, then she climbed all over me and made it to my lap, and tried to help me sew. Which was cute, but not terribly helpful, though once I showed her what to do and held her hand in place she did quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment