Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Quilts, doctors, and reservoirs

Yesterday a friend took us to a local reservoir for a late birthday treat. We cycled around it (8 miles), then stuck our feet in the water. I spent more time working on my quilt top, then got distracted working on visiting teaching stats (I'm the coordinator in our ward), and ran out of time to post. I'm trying (not very successfully) to get to bed earlier so I can get more sleep and be better rested, especially since I have my second triathlon in a week and a half.

Today we went for a five mile run/walk, and I got a bit sunburned. It was also a lot hotter than I thought it was when we started out. Good practice for the triathlon, though since it'll probably be that hot or hotter come next weekend (Murphy's law and all that).

After lunch I went to a dr. appointment. I haven't been losing weight, despite all the exercise, so decided it might be a good idea to get everything checked out now, so I can hopefully lose as much as possible before DH's R&R in November. I went in, and we talked about my health history, and he was really interested in the PCOS I was diagnosed with 4 years ago. For some reason (probably blocking out bad memories) I had forgotten about it. After I got home I looked up some info on it, and found that miscarriages are quite common with PCOS. Hmmm. So is difficulty with weight loss and infertility problems. And here I was thinking I might have a thyroid problem. We're doing some blood work in a couple weeks, and I have a complete (and I do mean complete- they'll be checking everything) physical at the end of August. I was hoping for sooner, but at least I'm started on the process, and hopefully we can get some answers and get moving on treatment.

I've been working some more on my quilt top, and am making good progress. The unfortunate thing is that I think I have two more quilt tops to finish after this. I think I might have been a bit over-zealous when I started these two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment