Friday, July 4, 2008

A poor night's sleep

This morning I decided not to exercise. I wanted to go swimming, but the pool is closed this week for some reason. I thought about going for a walk, but I just wasn't feeling up to it. Last night I went to bed at a decent time, but was rather at loose ends when it came to having a book to read for a few minutes. So I thought I'd listen to "The Host" (which I downloaded on my ipod and have been working on for awhile now) for a few minutes before falling asleep. The only problem was that I fell asleep and didn't turn off the ipod. So every so often I woke up a bit, but not enough to turn it off. Eventually I did wake up enough to turn it off, but when I woke up this morning, I felt pretty crummy. I apparently did not sleep very well, though I can't imagine why!

In any case, after talking to DH on the webcam for awhile, DD and I went into town to run some errands. We were at the register at one store and she was pitching a fit because I wouldn't give her a piece of candy. We're talking screaming, stomping her feet, etc. Then, as we're leaving, I tell her to say good bye, and she stops screaming to say 'good bye'. Everyone laughed at that. Such a typical thing for DD to do- she can be screaming or crying, and if you tell her to say good night or good bye, she'll calm down enough to say 'night night' or 'good bye' in a halfway normal voice. It's quite hilarious.

We're having a family reunion next weekend and we're each supposed to come up with an activity. One brother is doing bottle rockets, one sister is doing a book club thing (after the kids are in bed), and I thought I'd do a birthday party for all the grandkids. None of the grandkids (other than DD right now) live around here, so I thought it would be fun to have a party with all the grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins in attendance. Nothing too elaborate, though. It will mostly consist of a pinata I'm making (bigger than the one I made for DD's birthday) and cake and ice cream. The grandkids will be making the ice cream with oma and opa earlier in the day. Today I bought little toys and candy to put in the pinata, and started making the pinata. It'll take several days to make (gotta make sure each layer dries properly) and paint, and then I'll just need to make a cake. I still need to decide what kind and how elaborate. Perhaps an eight sided cake with each grandkids' name on a different side? Hmmm. I shall have to ponder this.

The plumbing is done, the pipes aren't leaking, dad has leveled the floor, and I think we're finally ready to make some progress. Though I think I've said that before....

No comments:

Post a Comment