Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Snow!

Today I rode my bike indoors for 60 minutes. I sweated a lot, and it felt good. I also downloaded the Japanese audio versions of the Joseph Smith manual and April General Conference. I can now listen as I read along. I need to get the November Japanese Liahona, then I'll download October conference as well. I really wish they had the Japanese audio for the Book of Mormon, but I guess they haven't gotten that far yet.

While Little Miss Sunshine napped this afternoon, I was tempted to just read, but I edited photos instead. I need to print photos for Nursery class, so I decided to go ahead and compile and sort photos from the last 15 months (that's how long it's been since I last printed photos!). I came up with a total of 950 photos! I did manage to narrow it down to 730, but they'll still keep me busy scrapbooking for quite awhile. It's a big chunk of money to spend on photos at one time, but when you consider it's for all our photos for more than the last year, it's not too bad. It is nice to be able to sort through the photos before printing. Way fewer are thrown away (and wasted) when I get around to scrapbooking. It ended up taking me all afternoon to sort and all evening to upload photos and place my order (I'm trying to place my order as I'm typing this), because the Wal-Mart website kept freezing up.

The weather was a lot cooler today, and this evening it snowed. It's been snowing off and on for the last 3 or 4 hours. I'm curious to see how much we actually receive, and how long it sticks around.

This weekend I did manage to finish the cushion for LMS's stroller. I could buy one, but it wouldn't have been purple (her favorite color) and I had the fabric, so why spend more money? This is the only stroller we've had (I detest those massive plastic things- even folded up they take up a lot of space), and I love it. It's a BOB stroller, and they're the best! They are expensive, but so worth the money. I found ours on craigslist, so I didn't pay full price for it. It was only a few months old then (they had received two as gifts (who has that kind of money???)), and we've had it for more than two years now, and I use it all the time. I love how far the sun shade comes down; most brands of jogging strollers do not have screens that cover so much. The only thing I don't like is the less-than-effective hand brake, but in the more recent models that has been fixed with a rear axle brake (much more effective and safe). They've got tons of features (check the link above), and several different models. They're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment