Friday, July 5, 2013

June Goals Re-Cap

very scenic location for our Cub Scout rain gutter/river regatta

I updated my goals in January and here's the progress I made in June.
May's progress can be seen here.

A few goals under Health:
1. Stick to GAPS
As I mentioned before, that's a wash. I would still like to get back on GAPS, but haven't quite figured out how to manage that.
2. Train for and run at least 6 races by the end of 2013 (at least one half marathon, preferably two)
I'm still spending time on the treadmill 2-3 times a week, though I'm definitely doing more walking than running. The first Saturday in June I ran/walked a 5k, which brings my total races to 4: one half marathon, a 4 miler, and two 5ks. I signed up for a 4 mile race the last weekend of August. I'll be 36 weeks and am planning on just walking it. But it's an incentive for me to keep moving and I'm super excited about the fact that I'm still able to move and be active. That was definitely not the case when I was pregnant with LMS.
3. Consistently cross train and strength train
Also a wash at this point.

A few goals under House:
1. Clean up drips and do the final touches in each room
I need to paint the mirror frames in both upstairs bathrooms, then I'm done with the upstairs!
2. Build and install shelves in all closets
All closets in the house are done, and I did the wardrobe in the trailer (I'll post pictures next week). Woohoo!
3. Build homeschool cabinet
Finished the design, but still haven't had time/energy to start yet. I hope to get started on it by the end of July.
4. Build kitchen table
Still haven't had the time/energy yet.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. Continue to be consistent at keeping to the schedule
Still doing pretty good on this, though I need to get better at getting to sleep earlier and getting up earlier so we can get an earlier start. Unfortunately, eating foods I shouldn't also gives me insomnia. With Mr M home again on a regular basis I'm getting better at waking up earlier- now I need to get to bed earlier too.
2. Be more present
Still working on this one, but I suspect this is one of those on-going ones that never quite end.

A few goals under Habits:
1. Practice the piano and violin consistently
Yeah, these haven't happened yet- no time or energy.
2. Index several batches every week for FamilySearch
Nor this one.
3. Have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
The journaling just is happening, but I have started a topical marking plan that I've used in other sets of scriptures that I like and is working well for me.

How did you do with your goals this month?

1 comment:

  1. My goal for June was to keep my children alive while I sat on the couch or kneeled over the toilet all day long...mission accomplished! :)

    ReplyDelete