Thursday, January 31, 2013

Updated Goals for 2013

LMS found this bunny at Kohls on clearance after Christmas- it was a Christmas ornament, but all she saw was that it was a stuffed bunny, and that it needed to be added to her collection of stuffed animals. It's kind of cute, don't you think?

I last updated my goals in June, and I've accomplished most of them so now's a good time to make new goals/update the ones I didn't make as much progress on. I'm keeping the same categories since I think they worked well.

A few goals under Health:
1. Stick to GAPS
Resist the temptation to eat things I shouldn't or to add things in before we're ready.
2. Train for and run at least 6 races by the end of 2013 (at least one half marathon, preferably two)
I've run 2 races already, one of them a half marathon. I'm registered for a third race in February.
3. Consistently cross train and strength train
Start cycling again and add in a strength training routine.

A few goals under House:
1. Clean up drips and do the final touches in each room
I've done the ceilings and walls, but there's cleanup work to be done as well as finishing touches, artwork to be hung, and so on.
2. Build and install shelves in all closets
Make the closets more efficient
3. Build homeschool cabinet
Can't wait for this one- I'm still working out the design details.
4. Build kitchen table
I already built one, but I used pine and I'm not happy with how the top is wearing. We'll move it out to the shed for use as a worktable, which should work out very well.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. Continue to be consistent at keeping to the schedule
This includes getting an earlier start to the day.
2. Be more present
Don't multi-task quite so much, especially during classes.

A few goals under Habits:
1. Practice the piano and violin consistently
Self-explanatory :)
2. Index several batches every week for FamilySearch
I have not been consistent with this.
3. Have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
Find a journaling method that works for me.

How did you do with your goals this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment