Saturday, January 19, 2013

December Goals Re-cap

LMS reading "Calvin and Hobbes" in front of our new bookshelves before I rearranged them.

Since I wrote down some new goals, I thought I should track my progress at the end of each month. So here's how I did in the month of December:
(November's progress report can be found here)
(October's progress report can be found here)
(September's progress report can be found here)
(August's progress report can be found here)
(July's progress report can be found here)
(June's progress report can be found here)

A few goals under Health:
1. keep strengthening my knee and start running for longer periods of time/distance
I'm running regularly and increasing my mileage. The next thing to do is be more diligent with my strength training.
2. train for and run at least 4 races by the end of 2012 (at least one half marathon)
I ran 5 races this year, the first of which was a half marathon.
3. be more careful with my eating and lose some weight
We stuck with GAPS for the first part of the month, but did some cheating around Christmas. Now that we're back from Disney, we're buckling down again.

A few goals under House:
1. finish painting all the rooms
I still haven't managed to finish the details on the master bath and kitchen, but they're coming along.
2. do the family room ceiling
Paneling is up, spackled, sanded, primed, and painted. The crown is repainted and reinstalled, so I'm calling it good.
3. finish building built-in shelves in the library
I made and painted 9 more shelves and ended up using 7 of them. The books are all on the shelves and organized, though I'm thinking of tweaking one portion of the shelves. I also need to figure out a bit of "styling"- mainly to keep books in place on the shelves that aren't full.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. stick to the schedule I've worked out, as much as possible
We're still doing pretty good. I'm really liking the 3 weeks on/1 week off schedule that we've been doing- no time for boredom or burnout.
2. be more consistent with violin practicing
Since we started school we're doing better because it's in our school schedule. In thinking about this particular goal, I think I meant more consistency from LMS and myself. We've been really good about making sure LMS is practicing, but I still haven't been, so now I need to be more consistent with MY practicing. Like a lot of other things, though, it won't happen till after Christmas.

A few goals under Habits:
1. practice the piano more frequently
Still haven't had time. Realistically, with the schedule I've imposed on myself, I won't have time until after Christmas. I'm ok with that.
2. index several batches every week for FamilySearch
I slacked off completely this month.
3. have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
I've bought a topical journal, but haven't quite gotten it broken in yet.

How did you do with your goals this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment