Friday, November 2, 2012

October Goals Re-cap

LMS finished another soccer season- yay!

Since I wrote down some new goals, I thought I should track my progress at the end of each month. So here's how I did in the month of October:
(September's progress report can be found here)
(August's progress report can be found here)
(July's progress report can be found here)
(June's progress report can be found here)

A few goals under Health:
1. keep strengthening my knee and start running for longer periods of time/distance
I'm still struggling to exercise on a regular basis. I finally started getting my sleep schedule back on track at the end of the month, but I'm not prioritizing my running enough- I'm allowing the zillion other things going on to get in the way. With the Disney Half drawing nearer, I have to re-prioritize and get my rear (legs?) in gear.
2. train for and run at least 4 races by the end of 2012 (at least one half marathon)
LMS and I ran the Halloween 5k last weekend, though I can't say we trained properly for it. This was my fourth race of the year, and my fifth race will be the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving- and I will be better prepared for it.
3. be more careful with my eating and lose some weight
I didn't do so great this month. I allowed myself to indulge in Halloween candy and ended up gaining back the 4 pounds I lost last month :( The reason I allowed myself to indulge was because I knew it was going to be the last chance to do so for a long time- this weekend we're starting the GAPS diet in an effort to heal our intestines, and we won't be eating candy any time soon. I'll write a post soon about the GAPS diet and why we decided to do it.

A few goals under House:
1. finish painting all the rooms
I've painted the living room and entryway and am now working on the doors and trim in those areas. Up next: the guest bedroom, the master bath, and finishing the kitchen. My goal is to get all the painting done before Christmas.
2. do the family room ceiling
Paneling is up, spackled, sanded, primed, and painted. All that's left is to get the crown repainted and reinstalled.
3. finish building built-in shelves in the library
I FINALLY finished painting all the shelves. I really hope we don't need more shelves to fit all our books, because I really don't want to have to go through this again. The shelves have been curing the last few weeks and I hope to get the books on them this weekend.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. stick to the schedule I've worked out, as much as possible
We're still doing pretty good. I'm really liking the 3 weeks on/1 week off schedule that we've been doing- no time for boredom or burnout.
2. be more consistent with violin practicing
Since we started school we're doing better because it's in our school schedule. In thinking about this particular goal, I think I meant more consistency from LMS and myself. We've been really good about making sure LMS is practicing, but I still haven't been, so now I need to be more consistent with MY practicing.

A few goals under Habits:
1. practice the piano more frequently
Still haven't had time. Realistically, with the schedule I've imposed on myself, I won't have time until after Christmas. I'm ok with that.
2. index several batches every week for FamilySearch
I finally got FamilySearch downloaded to my new computer (operator error, I'm sure) and was able to index several batches two weeks out of the month. Progress!
3. have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
I've continued my topic journal, focusing on people in the Book of Mormon. I'll admit it's taken some getting used to- it's quite different from how I've read and studied the Book of Mormon in the past.

How did you do with your goals this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment