Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goals


It's been quite awhile since I posted an actual list of goals. I tried the 100 goals in 100 weeks, which had a lot of good goals on it, but my life is just too crazy right now to be dealing with that many goals.

So for now I'm limiting it to a few categories:
Health
House
Homeschool
Habits

{did you notice how I managed to use words that all start with H?}

A few goals under Health:
1. keep strengthening my knee and start running for longer periods of time/distance
2. train for and run at least 4 races by the end of 2012 (at least one half marathon)
3. be more careful with my eating and lose some weight

A few goals under House:
1. finish painting all the rooms
2. do the family room ceiling
3. finish building built-in shelves in the library

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. stick to the schedule I've worked out, as much as possible
2. be more consistent with violin practicing

A few goals under Habits:
1. practice the piano more frequently
2. index several batches every week for FamilySearch
3. have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)

How are you at keeping goals you make?

1 comment:

  1. I love setting goals. I'm not always great at achieving them, though. I try to have one long-term goal each year (this year it's reading more, which I realize is kind of a silly goal!) and then I try to set monthly goals. For instance, in January I wanted to learn how to decorate sugar cookies with royal icing. I did 3 separate batches and discovered I don't have the patience for the work involved in that kind of decorating! Now I know. :) I also make lists daily of things to get done during the day--not always goals, but things that help me achieve the longer-term goals I've set. If that makes sense. :) Wish we lived closer so we could be exercise buddies--I seriously need someone to be accountable to! :)

    ReplyDelete