Saturday, May 26, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Camping Trip


Last weekend Mr M had a campout with the 11-year-old scouts. They were camping in one of the other leader's backyard, so we let LMS go along. She had a blast!

The picture above is great- all in pink, in her little chair, eating her dinner (cheezy noodles I made that afternoon for her to take with her). Love the crossed leg :)

She was very excited about going on the campout and several days before they left she pulled out clothes and bedding to bring along and stacked it neatly on the ottoman in her room. I should have taken a picture of everything she wanted to bring :) The stuffed animals and extra pillows stayed home, but I don't think she missed them.

Saturday morning they had a three mile hike the boys needed to do, and LMS went along. I love the outfit she picked out- pink t-shirt, pink twirly skirt with sparkles and striped leggings. What else would a well-dressed little girl wear on a hike? We didn't let her get too crazy though- she also wore her wool socks and hiking boots.

It was a fun activity for LMS and Mr M and one that I'm sure will be repeated.

**I had no desire to go camping with a bunch of 11 year old boys :) I stayed home and finally made some progress on my built in bookshelves. We'll go camping as a family soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment