Monday, May 21, 2012

Butterfly Adventures


Lately we've all been going to the park after play class. The nice weather allows the kids to run around and play together outside after playing together inside. This past week the kids came running over with a butterfly. I'm not sure where they found it, but it was content to sit on their fingers.


They took turns carefully passing it around to each other. They were very careful not to touch the wings or otherwise harm the butterfly.






The butterfly patiently walked from hand to hand, finger to finger, not flying off till each of the children had had a chance to hold it. They were all so excited that they had been able to hold a butterfly. Experiences like this highlight the joys of homeschooling- learning opportunities are everywhere!


Have you ever held a butterfly?

1 comment:

  1. I remember catching a monarch butterfly in 3rd or 4th grade and taking it to school for a science show and tell thing. My dad showed me how to mix up a sugar solution and put it in a milk cap for the butterfly to eat. It was really cool. I wish we had more butterflies out here! Fun for LMS! I really want to get one of those butterfly kits in the mail to show my kids how caterpillars change into butterflies. Maybe when they're older! :)

    ReplyDelete