Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

Mr M and I were talking today about what LMS and I are (and aren't) eating these days. He's currently out of the country for work, so he's missing out on the fun.  His Thanksgiving dinner wasn't that great, but he mentioned that he was sure it was better than what LMS and I ate.

Because of where we are in the GAPS Intro, the only "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner item we could eat was the turkey. I haven't really been in Thanksgiving meal mode this week, so I neglected to take our turkey out of the freezer in time for it to defrost. Oops.

Instead, I roasted an organic pastured chicken last night so it would be all ready for today. We added some mashed squash (LMS's current favorite) and cauliflower "fauxtatoes" with homemade gravy. We also had some chicken veggie noodle soup (zucchini and summer squash noodles with chunks of carrot, onion, and broccoli). While not the traditional meal, it was quite yummy.

I was realistic though: we turned down several invitations to friends' houses. We could have brought our food with us, but it would have been torture to see and smell all the food we can't eat. LMS would have had multiple meltdowns for sure. Why even go there?

Back to our unconventional meal.

While we ate, I realized that even though it might not be what we really wanted to eat, we are still very blessed.

We have plenty of food to eat. There may not be a lot of variety right now, but we have enough. So many people don't have that luxury. When I think of that, it's hard to complain about our food situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment