Monday, September 3, 2012

August Goals Re-cap

Anyone else remember jelly bracelets? I found these at Target recently. I guess the 80's really are making a come back.

Since I wrote down some new goals, I thought I should track my progress at the end of each month. So here's how I did in the month of August:
(July's progress report can be found here)
(June's progress report can be found here)

A few goals under Health:
1. keep strengthening my knee and start running for longer periods of time/distance
LMS and I have started a modified version of the Couch to 5k training program. She wants to run a 5k in October, but I told her she had to train properly for it. I didn't increase my distances as much as I wanted to because of the flu, but I am making progress.
2. train for and run at least 4 races by the end of 2012 (at least one half marathon)
No races in August, but my four mile race was Saturday morning- third race of the year. After evaluating my training progress and the available local half marathons, I won't be running another half this year like I wanted. I'll focus my training on the Disney Half in January, which I've signed up for. I have 5k's planned for October, November, and December, so I'll definitely hit my goal of at least four races this year.
3. be more careful with my eating and lose some weight
I lost 8 pounds this month (the flu was good for something!), for a total of 11 pounds lost so far. I'm still focusing on portion control as well as researching our dietary options (leaky gut, GAPS diet, etc- that's a whole post by itself though).

A few goals under House:
1. finish painting all the rooms
I didn't make as much progress as I wanted to because I've been distracted by other projects and things. I did finally get the crown moulding put up in the basement- pics to come on that one!
2. do the family room ceiling
The paneling is still sitting on the family room floor, waiting. I need to finish the trim and clean up of the rooms I've started painting, then I can move on to the ceiling.
3. finish building built-in shelves in the library
The shelves are half-painted, need to finish painting them and then wait for the paint to cure for a couple weeks before putting the books on the shelves.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. stick to the schedule I've worked out, as much as possible
Despite getting the flu, we did pretty good about staying on schedule. We used one of our vacation weeks so LMS could go to the Irish music day camp. This week is the 6th (and final) week of our first term, then we'll have another week off before starting our second term. 
2. be more consistent with violin practicing
Since we started school we're doing much better because it's in our school schedule.

A few goals under Habits:
1. practice the piano more frequently
No time yet, hopefully in September...
2. index several batches every week for FamilySearch
Didn't get any done this month- the tiny amount of free time I have has been spent working on our adoption blog, trying to get posts written for potential birth mothers to read.
3. have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
I have almost finished reading the Book of Mormon. Once I finish, I will start a topical study schedule that doesn't go straight through.
How did you do with your goals this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment