Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Goals Re-cap


LMS is getting so brave- here she's diving off the diving rock!

Since I wrote down some new goals, I thought I should track my progress at the end of each month. So here's how I did in the month of July:
(June's progress report can be found here)

A few goals under Health:
1. keep strengthening my knee and start running for longer periods of time/distance
I'm still struggling to exercise on a regular basis because we've been so busy, but now that school's started and we're on a schedule, I'm doing better.
2. train for and run at least 4 races by the end of 2012 (at least one half marathon)
No races this month, but I'm working towards a 4 mile race Labor Day weekend.
3. be more careful with my eating and lose some weight
I've lost 3 pounds so far, and am continuing to try to be careful about what I eat.

A few goals under House:
1. finish painting all the rooms
I finished the dining area, hall, upstairs hall, bath and master bedroom, except for the trimwork. More rooms to go still...
2. do the family room ceiling
We've purchased the paneling, now we just have to get going on it.
3. finish building built-in shelves in the library
Still painting the shelves.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. stick to the schedule I've worked out, as much as possible
So far we're doing pretty good, but we're only a week and a half into it :)
2. be more consistent with violin practicing
Since we started school we're doing better because it's in our school schedule.

A few goals under Habits:
1. practice the piano more frequently
No time yet, hopefully in August...
2. index several batches every week for FamilySearch
Didn't get any done this month- my Sundays have been busy working on our adoption blog, trying to get posts written for potential birth mothers to read.
3. have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
Still studying the Church Handbook for Leaders, but not everyday like I should- need to improve on that.
How did you do with your goals this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment