Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A few more thoughts on the flu

the Little Miss' new running shoes- her first "real" pair- can you guess her favorite part?

A week and a half after getting sick, I'm feeling a lot better. My energy levels aren't quite as high as I'd like and I'm having to work to drink enough water to flush everything out and the nausea isn't quite gone. On the other hand, I did lose 5 pounds since getting sick. I think this is the first time I've ever lost weight while being sick.

The combination of the nausea and the unavailability of bland carbohydrates (crackers and such) were enough to make me eat very little for several days. Not a good long term solution of course, but it did give my weight loss efforts a boost. Now if I can just keep losing weight....

We've been able to keep up with LMS's schoolwork. We missed three days, but we were able to double up a few of the lessons once we started up again. Most of the subjects we're covering have fluid schedules, but a couple of them are a bit more rigid, so we made sure to catch up on those.

Thankfully our schedule hasn't been as busy as it will be starting next week. Next week we start Scoil (the Irish music sampler class) and soccer. We're on a brief hiatus from violin lessons while our teacher enjoys some time with her new baby, but those will start up again soon, as well.

This week I'm looking forward to finally making some progress on my projects: finishing up some painting, putting up crown moulding, mowing the lawn, etc. I'll still be taking it easy, though, since I also have a four mile race on Saturday. I'm a bit apprehensive about having enough energy to finish it, but I'm also not planning on running it hard. It goes against the grain, but I'll do an easy jog with walk breaks whenever I need them.

Have you ever walked an entire race when you wanted to run it?

No comments:

Post a Comment