Monday, October 1, 2012

September Goals Re-cap

LMS has started her fall soccer season- and I'm not coaching this time (yay!)

Since I wrote down some new goals, I thought I should track my progress at the end of each month. So here's how I did in the month of July:
(August's progress report can be found here)
(July's progress report can be found here)
(June's progress report can be found here)

A few goals under Health:
1. keep strengthening my knee and start running for longer periods of time/distance
I'm still struggling to exercise on a regular basis. My sleep schedule has been off since I got sick, which has made it harder to get early am workouts in. Still working on this.
2. train for and run at least 4 races by the end of 2012 (at least one half marathon)
I ran the 4 mile race Labor Day weekend, which brings my total to three races this year, the first of which was a half. Now I'm working toward a 5k I'm doing with LMS in October.
3. be more careful with my eating and lose some weight
I lost 4 more pounds, for a total of 15 pounds lost so far (yay!). I'm still watching my portions and we've started eating our larger meal at lunchtime rather than at dinner time. This started because I was having problems with nausea and lack of appetite in the evenings after being sick in August. The stomach problems have mostly cleared up, but I like how I feel when I eat less in the evening. Now I just have to be more on the ball with meal prep in the am.

A few goals under House:
1. finish painting all the rooms
I finished the trim work in the upstairs hall, bath and master bedroom, and painted the stairway. More rooms to go still...
2. do the family room ceiling
Finally got the paneling up! post to come... I need to spackle and paint, but the hardest part is done.
3. finish building built-in shelves in the library
Still painting the shelves- I swear this is a never-ending project.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. stick to the schedule I've worked out, as much as possible
We're still doing pretty good.
2. be more consistent with violin practicing
Since we started school we're doing better because it's in our school schedule.

A few goals under Habits:
1. practice the piano more frequently
No time yet, maybe in October...
2. index several batches every week for FamilySearch
Tried to do some, but I'm having problems downloading the program to my new computer. I've tried a couple times and it hasn't worked. I need to figure out why.
3. have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
I found some great ideas here and have started a topic journal, focusing on people in the Book of Mormon. 
How did you do with your goals this month?

1 comment:

  1. Good job on your goals! If you are still having trouble with family search, let me know and I can let Todd know and he can probably figure out what's wrong--you know, since he works on that thing! :) Sorry about your wonky sleep--that's the pits. Good job on your running, though! I'm sidelined for a bit with a nasty case of plantar fasciitis in my right foot (boo!) I started using this website (myfitnesspal.com) to track my calories and exercise about 4 weeks ago and I'm already down 10 lbs just from cutting way back on how much I am eating (it was really eye-opening that first day just to see how many calories were in the things I was eating on a regular basis!). It's been great for keeping me on track, and I even got Todd on board with it. It might work for you, it might no, but just wanted to pass that info along.

    ReplyDelete