Wednesday, July 3, 2013

24 Week Pregnancy Photos

I've always been fairly self-conscious about my body. I may be short, but I am not petite :)

In recent years I have become much more at peace with my looks and don't stress nearly as much as I used to about my perceived imperfections.

In looking back through some photos of the time I was pregnant with LMS, I could only find four photos of me pregnant- two the day of my baby shower (about a month before my due date), one the day before we went in for the induction (LMS was a week and a half late), and one of me sitting in the hospital bed, waiting for something, anything, to happen.


about 5 weeks before my due date

the day before induction








in the hospital

Seriously? Four photos?

I may not have a cute little "bump"- I look more like I swallowed a beach ball- there's just nowhere for the baby to go but out, but that shouldn't stop me from documenting the fact that I was, in fact, pregnant.

I don't know if you've seen/read on various blogs about the push for mothers to make sure they're in the photos more, regardless of our looks (stressed out, hair and clothes not perfect, etc). I read about it a couple years ago and realized I was definitely guilty of taking lots of photos of Mr M and LMS, but many times I did not hand the camera off to Mr M so I could be in some of the photos.

I've been trying to be better about that, which is why I've posted several self photos of LMS and I when we're doing things and Mr M isn't around to take a photo for us. I need to be in the photos too.

Except that lately I haven't been taking as many photos. Mostly because we're not doing exciting things like going skiing, but still....

So a couple weeks I had LMS take some photos of me. They didn't turn out the best, but hey, I have photos of me 24 weeks pregnant with this little guy, which is way better than what I managed with LMS.

(I mentioned LMS took the photos, didn't I?)


My goal is to do at least a monthly profile pic, but we'll see if I actually stay on top of that :) I just hit 27 weeks, so in the next week or so I'll try to get some more photos posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment