Friday, October 10, 2008

Lara bars

A couple months ago I read in a magazine about Lara bars, so I decided to try them out. They're made of all-natural ingredients, no preservatives or anything. The apple pie one has raisins, dates, apples, almonds, and cinnamon. That's it! I'm not a big fan of raisins or dates, but you can't taste them: they're the base for the bar and everything else gets mixed in with them.

I found a couple different varieties in the local grocery store and tried them and liked them for the most part, and then told my sister about them. The next time we talked, she started going on about the Lara bars and this flavor and that flavor: all ones I'd never heard of. I asked her about it, and she said 'oh yeah, there's tons of flavors'. So I got online, and sure enough, there is quite a few flavors. I had to go to the health food store to find a wider variety, and I proceeded to try them to see which were best.

The results in order of preference:
Good:
apple pie (tastes like apple pie)
lemon bar (has a nice zing to it)
banana cookie (tastes kind of like banana bread)
key lime (tastes similar to the lemon bar)
cinnamon bun (very similar to apple pie, I thought)
OK: (they're good, but not as good as the good ones)
cherry pie
pecan pie
Yuck:
Jocolat chocolate mint (I love anything chocolate and mint, but this was just too weird: the chocolate and mint with the raisins and dates just didn't do it for me. Not as yuck as the chocolate coconut, though.)
chocolate coconut (even LMS didn't like it, and she likes anything sweet. I like chocolate and coconut, so again, I think it was the combination with the raisins and dates.)

There's way more flavors, but these are the only ones I've gotten around to trying. They're a good alternative to all the bars out there that have all sorts of unpronounceable ingredients in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment