Monday, April 24, 2017

Weekly Mileage


This week it rained quite a bit so I wasn't able to work on the chicken run. Instead I focused on finalizing details of my new website. My businesses have been moving a bit slower than I'd like, mostly because there's still "start up" details that still haven't been completed. I've determined to focus on one business at a time and finish up all the little things that I haven't quite gotten to, with my website being first up.


I've gone through several themes (designs on a word press site) and not really been happy with any of them. The last one was doing something wonky to my images, and I couldn't fix them, which was incredibly frustrating. I installed a new theme Monday, and things are looking much better. It almost looks like I'd want it to look if I paid someone a lot of money to design it from scratch (which I can't afford to do).

I spent the week customizing the theme, figuring out how to install google adwords (every time you change your theme it inactivates them, and the plugin that used to manage it is being inactivated so it's a bit more involved now), reviewing and updating the thumbnails for each post, and catching up on my posts (I stopped posting for a few weeks because I was frustrated with how unprofessional my site was looking).

River picked flowers for me

I have a bit more thumbnail editing to do and some more posts to write, but I've just about got things where I want them, which will allow me to move on to the maintenance phase of regular blog, Instagram, and Facebook posts. Then I will move to tidy up the next business.

Monday I walked on the treadmill while waiting on the laundry. Wednesday I was feeling tired and blah and didn't run, but that proved to be a mistake, since I had to squeeze those miles in on Friday and Saturday. I ran 3.5 miles on Friday and another 5 on Saturday, with more miles walked to warm up and cool down.

Towards the end of our hike. Ocean just woke up and isn't sure what's going on, River's resting his head on the bench, and Sunshine just wants to be done because it's so hot and humid. Real life :)

Thursday we hiked just before history club, but our timing was a bit off. Thursday proved to be hot and humid, so our 1pm hike was hot and sweaty. It's time to make sure we're dressing appropriately for hot weather and bringing lots of water on our hikes.

I've had some niggling at the top of my left calf, just below the back of my knee. It doesn't seem to be a problem when I'm running, but it bugs me when I'm walking and it just feels off. I'm hoping it's not going to be an issue, but the real test will be this Saturday. I'm running a 5k that's run up a <small> mountain. It's completely up hill, so if I can run it without my calf bothering me I should be ok. In the meantime, I'm foam rolling and using Deep Blue rub.

the new normal when Ocean is on the ground- Sunshine and River way ahead, Ocean taking his time exploring all the things

Total Mileage
Monday: 2.35 miles walked on the treadmill
Thursday: 2.23 miles hiked
Friday: 5.00 miles run and walked on the treadmill
Saturday: 7.50 miles run and walked on the treadmill
      total miles: 17.08 miles

hike #13 towards the #52hikechallenge
157.19 miles towards the #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment