Monday, April 3, 2017

Weekly Mileage

playing in the stream on our hike

This past week I was able to get my mileage back up to pre-ear infection levels. I'm still in recovery mode though. C and I ran outside Wednesday and it was a tough run. Way more walking than I'd have liked, but we survived it. Saturday when I ran on the treadmill I was able to run 3.5 miles without walking, so I am improving.

I'm approaching the final countdown to my next half marathon, which I will run on June 24. I had originally planned on using a 12 week half marathon training plan, but I would need to start that today. I want a little more time to get healthy and get my mileage back up, so I opted for a 10 week plan that I'll start on April 17. The next two weeks I'll focus on being consistent with my workouts and getting my numbers up a little higher.

I have another half marathon planned the Saturday before Labor Day, and I'd like to be prepared for that race as well as first one, so I planned out my training schedule for the next five months. Way more planning than I usually do for running, but then I haven't trained for a half marathon since I was pregnant with Ocean (that was the half marathon I wasn't able to run because I peaked a month early). Hopefully it will work out better this time :)


Weekly Mileage
Monday: 3.2 mile treadmill walk
Wednesday: 3.5 mile run with C
Thursday: 1.57 mile hike
Saturday: 5.1 treadmill run & walk
      total miles: 13.37 miles

hike #10 towards #52hikechallenge
107.35 miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment