Monday, February 6, 2017

Weekly Mileage

we found a cool hole in a tree

Last week was my highest mileage week so far this year at just under 11 miles. I'm still doing a lot of walking, but at least I'm getting my mileage up.

Tuesday evening I got on the treadmill while doing laundry- it really is a great time to get on the treadmill.

Sunshine wasn't quite as willing as River to get close to the hole

Thursday I went hiking with the kids and we found the old car again, and it's not as out in the middle of nowhere as we thought. It's actually just over a small hill from the remains of the driveway to the ruins of the old house that we found last time we hiked in this park a few weeks ago.


Friday I spent some time walking on the treadmill while working. It's good multi-tasking, but I can't work and run at the same time, so I'm going to have to get more efficient with what I'm doing so I can run and still get my work done.


Saturday I ran with my friend C. It was cold (mid 20's), but such a great run. There's just something about getting out in the fresh air and stretching my legs. And it's so much easier on my body to run outside than on the treadmill.

isn't this a great place to run?

The babysitter came Wednesday and Friday mornings and helped out. Wednesday Sunshine had science club so I didn't get any work done while the babysitter was watching the boys, but I was able to get the grocery shopping done in record time since I was by myself. Friday I spent some time on the treadmill while working, then spent the rest of my babysitter time just working. That evening I sat in bed and didn't feel stressed out and I realized that it was because I was able to spend some good solid time working without having to worry about what the kiddos were doing. Definitely worth the expense of the babysitter.

it's hard to take a selfie while running :)

Weekly Mileage
Tuesday- 1.59 mile treadmill walk
Thursday- 2.30 mile hike
Friday- 4.00 mile treadmill walk
Saturday- 3.07 outside run
            total mileage: 10.96 miles

hike #5 for the 52 mile hike challenge
31.47 miles towards the 365 mile challenge - only a couple miles behind where I should be

No comments:

Post a Comment