Wednesday, February 22, 2017

GAPS v.2017 Week 5 Intro

pretty Valentine's tulips

Much to Sunshine's disgust, there was no Valentine's candy in our house this year. Partly because I've been super busy and forgot about getting any for the kiddos (oops), partly because I didn't want any candy in the house. I'm doing better about avoiding tempting foods, but if it's sitting around the house I can see it becoming a problem.

I'm continuing to lose weight- 12 pounds so far! I'm really working at identifying when I want to snack and why I'm feeling like I need to eat something. This is actually more a Whole30 thing than a GAPS thing, but it applies because snacking when I'm stressed or tired is an issue for me and I'd like to make it a non-issue.

As I mentioned Monday, Thursday I felt pretty crummy after my long run. I'm hoping that was a one-off, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm still hanging out in the early phases of GAPS Intro. Any time I try to add something I end up not feeling great, so I take it back out. I'm ok with it though, since I want to experience as much healing as possible and what I'm eating really affects whether my body is healing or attacking itself. Slow and steady wins the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment