Monday, February 13, 2017

Weekly Mileage


Last week was my highest mileage week since the last days of Dec 2015/first days of Jan 2016. Yeah, that was more than a year ago. It felt good though. I do need to check my totals before my last workout of the week so I can hit some round numbers instead of just under. Last week I was at 10.96 miles, this week I hit 13.92 miles. So close to 11 miles and 14 miles...

we found a bat house

I finally worked out 5 days in one week, which is what I'd like to be doing. I did two treadmill walks, two treadmill runs, and a hike. I haven't been running on the treadmill lately, but this week I bit the bullet and did it. And it wasn't as bad as I remembered it being. In fact, on Saturday I ran 3.1 miles and only stopped once, to comfort Ocean when he tried to get on the treadmill with me and it didn't work out too well for him (he's ok).

the underside of the bat house

My workouts were encouraging. I've got a 5k in a month and I'd like to get a PR under 33 minutes. I ran this race last year and came close to a PR even though I'd been sick for several months and hadn't trained properly. If I can stay healthy and keep my training up I have a decent chance of bringing my time down quite a bit. Under 33 minutes is my main goal, under 30 minutes is my stretch goal.

Ocean just couldn't stay awake during the hike

We went back to the nature park and hiked some of the other trails. It's too early in the year for foliage and flowers, but we did get to see a number of cardinals flocking near a bird feeder. One advantage of the lack of undergrowth is that we can get an idea of the lay of the land. Once the trees and bushes leaf out we won't be able to see much of anything.

there was at least a dozen cardinals in the bush, but the females blend in and are hard to see

We found an old spring while hiking, which was quite neat. The sign said that the family that lived nearby used the spring for water and to keep food cool. I'm curious as to where the family lived. There is an old farmhouse near the parking lot, but it's a little far away from the spring to be convenient for food storage and water. So now I'm wondering if they lived closer, but the house has disappeared into the underbrush. We didn't see any old foundations, so who knows.

there's just a little bit of water under the leaves

Weekly Mileage
Monday: 3.1 miles treadmill walk
Wednesday: 3.31 miles treadmill run and walk
Thursday: 1.24 mile hike
Friday: 2.26 mile treadmill walk
Saturday: 4.01 mile treadmill run and walk
          total miles: 13.92 miles

hike #6 for the 52 hike challenge
45.39 miles towards the 365 mile challenge- all caught up now

No comments:

Post a Comment