Monday, December 28, 2009

Other sewing projects I've been working on

I've sewed several skirts over the last few weeks. I used the moss green corduroy skirt on the right that I bought at Sundance as my pattern.

The tannish one is the skirt I sewed first- too see if my idea of making a skirt using another as a pattern would work. Since it did, I then sewed the embroidered black skirt, followed by the embroidered purple skirt. The skirts are a simple A-line, with elastic in the back waistband. Doing it this way meant I didn't have to put zippers in. I can do it, but it takes time and is fiddly, I'm all about quick and easy. These skirts were fairly quick and easy to make- only taking a couple hours each.

I didn't line the tan cotton skirt, but the purple and black skirts are static-y microsuede, so I had to add a lining to them. That turned out to be a bit of a pain, but worth the effort.

I still need to make a paper pattern, and this spring I'll use it to make some light weight summer skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment