Wednesday, December 9, 2009

More pipe cleaner ornaments

I used the tutorial here to make some pipe cleaner ornaments to give to the ladies I visit teach. I wanted to do some washer ornaments like the ones I saw here, but I just couldn't get them to work out right.

(In going back and reading the instructions, it appears that where I went wrong was in trying to do them inside- you need to do them on a concrete floor apparently. However, it's been hovering around zero degrees, so that's not going to happen till it warms up. Though I just remembered- the basement has a cement floor- maybe there's hope for this project after all.)

While I'm happy with how the snowflakes turned out, I liked the washer ornaments a lot better. Oh well.

Since I needed to make something with materials I already had on hand, I went with the pipe cleaners. They were pretty easy to make and didn't take too long, either. I made 4 sets of 3 while watching a movie, and it didn't take the whole length of the movie to finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment