Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kinesio tape: just what I've been looking for?

So it's been a few days since I last posted, but I have been fairly productive in that time. I finally sorted and organized the 12" stack of papers I got when I was called to be primary music person. Most of them were visual aids for learning songs, but I had to sort them and figure out what songs they were for. I also bought an expanding file to store the old ones in, one to store this year's songs in, and a binder for the miscellaneous copied music and papers that I need to keep organized (my OCD kicking in).

I spent an hour on the bike and 20 minutes doing pilates yesterday, and hauled some boxes around on Monday. Thought about going running today, but never quite got around to it. The thought of my shins and/or calves giving me problems just is not doing it for me. The most recent issue of Runner's World had an article on kinesio tape (remember that volleyball player with the black tape on her shoulder at the Olympics?), and showed how to tape four different injuries, one of them being shinsplints. So I ordered a roll of it, and am anxious to see if it's effective. I'm willing to give anything a chance at this point, especially if it doesn't cause the calf fatigue the compression sleeves are causing. I've also been making more of an effort to get to bed earlier and get up earlier, so I can be more productive. It's a process, but I am making progress (which also means I need to finish this and get to bed!).

1 comment:

  1. I would love to know your results! My knees are starting to hurt from running...

    ReplyDelete