Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall Nature Class

Yesterday morning I dropped the Little Miss off for the first day of an all-day nature class (different than the one she did in the spring). It meets once a week for 8 weeks, and the kids spend the day out in the woods. Since I'm allergic to so many things here, I don't set a great example for LMS and we don't spend very much time out in the woods (unfortunately).  When I found out about this class, I thought it would be a great opportunity for LMS to learn more about nature and have fun while doing it.

The class meets in a wooded area between a river and a housing development. A bit unconventional, but it's easy to get to, so I wasn't complaining.

They started playing a game while waiting for everyone to arrive. Thankfully we had dressed LMS in layers, since the morning started out cool and foggy.

After dropping LMS off, we (my MIL and I) went back home and I made good progress on some of my woodworking projects. They're not all done yet, but I'm getting closer! Pictures will be coming once I have a bit more time to write the posts to go with them.

When we went to pick up LMS, the first glimpse I caught was of her walking down the path, holding a stick. I don't think she's capable of going for a walk or a hike without a stick :)



I asked if she'd had fun, and she said "Yes!" with a great big grin. When I looked closer at her face, I saw that dirt was smeared all over her face. 

What better way to show that she had a good time in the woods than a happy, dirty face?

No comments:

Post a Comment