Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Quick and Easy Coasters

Since I've built four tables and I haven't finished the wood yet, I'm a little paranoid about protecting the wood from water damage. We don't drink juice or soda that often, and only in the kitchen, but we do carry water bottles around the house with us, and those tend to sweat if they've spent time in the frig.

I've seen plenty of others post similar ideas, so I won't go into a lot of detail or anything. I bought a box of 4" square tumbled marble tiles and some little felt pads from Lowes. Both items together cost less than $7.


Once home, I put a felt pad in each corner of the underside of the tile, and voila! A coaster!




There was nine tiles in the box, so each one cost less than $.75, and works admirably. Possibly I'll decorate them in the future, but I think they look fine as-is.

in the library

in the living room

No comments:

Post a Comment