Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Funny

c'mon, Daddy, smile!

In June LMS and I took the trailer in for its annual inspection- about an hour and a half drive each way.

I don't mind towing the trailer, but the narrow, twisting roads here make me nervous. It was raining part of the time on our way there, which added to my nervousness.

By the time we headed home, the roads were dry and I was feeling more confident, but I still wanted some quiet so I could concentrate on driving.

LMS started asking me some questions, which I answered and then asked her to stop talking for awhile so I could concentrate on driving.

Instead, she kept talking- the entire drive home!

I didn't catch it all, but here's what I can remember:

First, she talked about making a robot daddy to go to work so daddy could stay home. A year or so ago she came up with the idea to make a cardboard daddy to go to work for daddy so daddy could stay home with us. The cardboard daddy would do his job and nobody would know the difference :) I asked her what happened to that idea- she felt a robot daddy would be better than a cardboard daddy.

As she talked her ideas got more and more grandiose. Not just a robot daddy, but a robot mommy and a robot LMS. They would do all the work and we could just worry about doing fun stuff together. Then there would be a robot Nanny for each of us, though I don't remember the reasoning on that one. Maybe so we wouldn't have to worry about running out of snuggles? I think there were a few more robots as well, but it really did get a bit ridiculous :)

And then for some reason she started talking about starting a campground in our backyard and all the things we could do for people who came to camp. Again, lots of grandiose ideas.

It's quite interesting to hear what she thinks (the things that are important to her) and to hear her elaborate on those ideas. I wish I had her creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment