Monday, May 6, 2013

April Goals Re-Cap

A fun "Not a Box" party we went to a couple weeks ago. The castle was super-cool: it even had a working drawbridge! LMS had a blast :)

I updated my goals in January and here's the progress I made in April.
March's progress can be seen here.

A few goals under Health:
1. Stick to GAPS
This has been harder than I anticipated. We're mostly eating GAPS, but I'm having a hard time eating enough protein and carbs. For some reason meat and squash do not really appeal to me right now, so I'm not eating as much of both as I should. My appetite in general hasn't been very good, either, which doesn't help things. It's a work in progress, as is getting back in the habit of cooking all our meals every day- that's been harder than I thought it would be.
2. Train for and run at least 6 races by the end of 2013 (at least one half marathon, preferably two)
I'm still running on the treadmill three times a week, but my mileage is lower than I would like and it is getting a bit more difficult. I ordered a support belt last week and it has made a huge difference in the hip pain I've been experiencing when doing a lot of standing and walking.  My hips haven't been bothering me while on the treadmill, but as the baby gets bigger it is getting less comfortable to run. I'll be wearing the support belt while on the treadmill for the first time this morning, and am curious to see how it goes. I've got a 5k the first weekend in June so my goal for this month is to make sure I'm ready for it.
3. Consistently cross train and strength train
I haven't added cycling and strength training, though I'm still finishing projects around the house, which is a kind of strength training :)

A few goals under House:
1. Clean up drips and do the final touches in each room
I finished LMS' room and the guest room and hall closet. Next up is the master bed, bath, and closet.
2. Build and install shelves in all closets
Kitchen coat closet, pantry, LMS' closet, guest closet, and hall closet are now finished. The only one left is finishing the master closet, which I started on Saturday.
3. Build homeschool cabinet
Finished the design, but haven't had time/energy to start yet. After I finish the touchups upstairs I'll get started on it.
4. Build kitchen table
Again, haven't had the time/energy yet.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. Continue to be consistent at keeping to the schedule
We're doing pretty good at sticking to the schedule, though we have had to be a bit flexible with the fatigue I've been experiencing and we have not managed to get an earlier start in the morning. I've already started thinking through our schedule for next year and how we'll make it all work when the baby comes.
2. Be more present
Still working on this one, but I suspect this is one of those on-going ones that never quite end.

A few goals under Habits:
1. Practice the piano and violin consistently
Yeah, these haven't happened yet- no time or energy.
2. Index several batches every week for FamilySearch
Nor this one.
3. Have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
I've tried several journaling options and I'm not convinced that any of them are working for me. I had hoped that journaling would help me get more out of what I read, but at this point I'm not sure it will. I have a few other things I'm going to try in the meantime, and I'll revisit journaling later.


How did you do with your goals this month?

1 comment:

  1. I only have 2 goals - keep the kids alive, and keep the sink clean. Only one happened. =)
    I was going to suggest for your scripture study the BYUtv discussions on the scriptures. You can stream them from the internet and I found the are very insightful. I actually watch them before I read so I can have better understanding when I am reading them.

    ReplyDelete