Monday, May 27, 2013

Rainbow Babies


 having fun getting soaked in the downpour after history club this week

This weekend I was googling around while on self-imposed bed rest after being completely stupid and mowing part of the lawn. In my defense, Mr M has been out of town, the lawn could have swallowed LMS alive, the weather was nice and cool and windy, and I didn't think mowing was that much more strenuous than running on the treadmill- but it was. While wandering the endless warrens of the internet I came across this slideshow on Babble and found the term "rainbow baby".

It refers to a successful pregnancy after a miscarriage. I'd never heard the term before, and I think it's so cool- the promise of happier times to come. It also makes both LMS and this baby (as long as all continues to go well) rainbow babies, since I had a miscarriage almost two years before LMS was born and another about a year after she was born.

Had you heard of rainbow babies before this?

Doesn't she look like a slightly damp rainbow baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment