Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hardy Garden Plants

Remember when I shared this picture, way back in December? Despite most of our garden being an almost total flop last summer, we did have a couple plants that survived into the winter.


I haven't spent much time outside lately, but the other day I was getting something from the shed and stopped to look at the plants. To my surprise, the plants survived the winter and are even experiencing new growth. 



In fact, we even know what kind of plants they are:


Yep, that's broccoli!

This is the first time we've ever tried to grow broccoli, so I have no reference point on this. I'm curious to see if the broccoli gets bigger, or stays this small. At this point it's more the size of a broccoli floret, but a broccoli crown would be nice.

Now I'm waiting to see if anything else survived from last year....

No comments:

Post a Comment