Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Side Table (Another Kreg Jig Project)

After finishing the sofa table, I built a side table. It wasn't totally necessary, but I've found that while laying on the couch I never have a place to set my water bottle. Huge problem, I know.


So I altered the sofa table design a little (shorter and narrower) and built a side table to fit in the long narrow space on the side of the sofa. Just so I have a spot for my water bottle :)

The wood, all cut and ready for pocket holes and assembly.

Finished!

I left out the lower shelf on this table since it will go over a heat vent and we don't want to block heat or A/C too much.


The empty space, waiting to be useful.

Ahh, so much better! If you can see it in the crappy lighting. Maybe I should try taking pictures in the evening, once the sun's behind the trees? 


Now we need to invest in (either make or buy) some coasters. We've never needed coasters before :)

It's not super noticeable from this angle, but it sure is useful.

Since I still have other projects I'm trying to finish, I won't stain or paint this table for awhile. As this gives me time to decide what to do with it, I don't mind. In the meantime, I'm happy with how quickly it came together and how it turned out. Now on to the next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment