Monday, November 20, 2017

Weekly Mileage

River really wanted to be down with the big kids, but he wasn't allowed

Last week I said the late night workouts weren't working for me, then I turned around and rode my bike while doing laundry Monday night. Hah! We had dentist appointments in the AM and I didn't have time to exercise till after dinner, so I made it happen.

exploring the ruined rock house

the kids checking out the ford, view from the new suspension bridge

Wednesday we went hiking with our monthly homeschool hiking group. We were in charge this month, and we led them on the loop that we scouted out a couple weeks ago. We hit all our favorite finds: the old car, the ruins of a rock house, and the suspension bridge. After the hike we invited everyone back to our house for hot chocolate. The kids had fun playing while I unsuccessfully tried to heat the water over the fire pit. The wood was just too wet from all the rain we've gotten recently, despite it being several days since the last rain. I finally gave in and took it inside and had the water boiling within minutes. Best laid plans...

I thought about going on another hike Thursday, but I wasn't feeling well when I woke up, so we had a laid back morning before heading out for history club.

crunchy leaves to run in


Friday I ran on the treadmill for the first time in awhile, and while it's still not my favorite, it was a much-needed workout. I ran three miles with a short walking break in between each mile. It's the last long run I'll do before the Turkey Trot this week, and hopefully I won't run the race too slowly.

The boys and I went for a short walk while Sunshine was in class and I got some fun photos.



I thought about another bike ride Saturday, but since we were also planning on spending the day cleaning, I decided not to add a bike ride to the mix. A number of my siblings are coming for Thanksgiving, which has been the push I needed to finally do some deep cleaning. I've been avoiding it because I strongly dislike cleaning, and can always find something else I'd rather be doing. But the prospect of houseguests finally moved cleaning to the top of my to-do list. I definitely got a workout cleaning the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms and finishing the basement (I did most of it earlier in the week). We need to finish up the main floor, but the worst is done at least.

I also finished up a couple small projects that have also been languishing on my to-do list. I'll try to share those later this week or next.

Weekly Mileage 
Mon- 8.0 miles on the bike
Wed- 2.43 miles hiked
Fri- 3.80 miles on the treadmill
   total mileage- 14.23 miles

46th hike towards #52hikechallenge
495.68 miles towards #365milechallenge (17.87 of that on the bike)

No comments:

Post a Comment