Monday, November 13, 2017

Weekly Mileage

giant leaves!

This past week was a bit calmer, which was very nice. I was still busy, but I didn't feel quite so much like I was running around all the time, like I have of late.

Monday morning I finally got back on my bike- a month after the last time I rode it. Part of me wanted to do 10 miles, but another part (my rear end) decided that wasn't such a great idea. I need to build up to longer distances :)

the tail end of the gorgeous fall colors this year (they were rather dull last year)

Wednesday my friend C and I went running again (woohoo! two weeks in a row!). We didn't go quite as far this time, because we ran a hilly route and it kicked my bum. C was in better shape because she's been going to regular spin classes for awhile now, unlike me who's just getting started on the bike. It was a hard workout, but it felt good.


Thursday we went on the hike we did last month when it was raining. We went a little further past the swimming hole, turning around at the 1.5 mile mark (this section of trail is about two miles long). It wasn't raining hard, but it was misty drizzling the whole time, and it was a lot colder than last time. We dressed properly though, and everyone stayed warm and dry, though River insisted on several occasions before we turned around that his legs were breaking (i.e., he was tired). In his defense, the trail is a slight uphill on the way out, which makes the return trip downhill and much nicer.  We'll have to try for a dry day next time we hike here.


I'd planned on hopping back on my bike Friday morning, but got sidetracked with some other things that came up. I did a lot of walking that night though as I hit six different stores looking for items to send in to Amazon. I didn't track my mileage, but I found a lot of good deals. Late night store runs after the kids are in bed are much more productive than store runs with fussy kiddos.

soft! Ocean loves touching the moss on the trees. 
we're working on doing it gently so as not to damage them.

Since I didn't do it Friday, I wanted to do some biking Saturday, but by the time I got everything else done on my to-do list I was too tired. I used to walk on the treadmill at night while doing laundry, but these days I just don't have the energy to exercise after the kids are in bed. Exercising in the morning before I get distracted by the day's tasks is much more effective (and likely to happen). Running with C in the afternoon works, but only because of the extra accountability that comes from running with a friend.

sitting on a handy rock at the trailhead

Saturday Mr M took down a dead tree that's on our property line. The neighbor's house is close enough to the property line and the dead tree that the tree could have fallen on their house. We've been meaning to take care of it for some time, and it's a good thing we finally did. See the splintered section sticking up on the right of the photo? That's the only part of the tree that wasn't completely rotten. Mr M roped it up to make sure it fell where he wanted it to, and it only took a couple cuts for the tree to fall/crumble to the ground.



Weekly Mileage
Mon- 6.0 miles on the bike
Wed- 3.30 miles run outside
Thurs- 2.95 miles hiked
      total mileage- 12.25 miles

45th hike towards #52hikechallenge
481.45 miles towards #365milechallenge (includes 9.87 bike miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment